miércoles, agosto 02, 2006

Didgeridoo

Never ever had I thought that I would find an instrument that I liked better than any percussion instrument. And it's almost as noisy. Those who know me are aware of my fondness of drums, tambourines and all kinds of noisy and great objects. The only thing I bought for myself in Egypt was 2 pounds of tea and a Nubian tambourine... what a great time we had!
Some time ago somebody gave me a didgeridoo, but I still don't know how to play it. Only recently I just knew how to get out of it the same sound a big boat's horn makes. Every animal in the house runs for cover every time the Titanic departs from the living room. And in the countryside a self-controlled silence falls when all little birds, spooked, await trying to decipher what's that horrible, horrible noise.
Much to my loved ones' regret, whenever I have the opportunity, I start blowing down the hollow artifact in question. I have managed to get more sounds out of it, but I still lack the lung capacity.
For those who don't even know what it is or how it sounds, I leave my favourite sample. Some day I will make it sound like this and then I'll blow your minds in equal parts... sigh!

 

La memoria de las flores © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates