lunes, noviembre 07, 2011

NaBloPoMo

Today is November 7 and I was supposed to be on my seventh day of writing. Why? you may think. Well, because I signed up for the NaBloPoMo. And what is NaBloPoMo? It's the National Blog Posting Month. It's something someone in the States made up to urge people with blogs to write every day. There is a forum where people post prompts so you don't run out of ideas and inspiration in case your brains are all dried up from all the writing.
I like writing a lot and I'm full of ideas, but I haven't updated the blog in a long time because it is bilingual and I get tired as soon as I think I have to write everything twice. On the one hand, some of the posts should only be published in the language I thought them up, but then this would lose all the point I was trying to make in the first place, now wouldn't it? On the other hand, writing everything twice takes away part of the freshness and allure of having a genius idea and writing it down, the spontaneity, the innovation.
But this month I've decided to make the effort and get down to it. It is just a month, I keep telling myself. Although given this week of slacking off, it doesn't look like I started on the right foot, does it? But I'm here and even if I have to drag it out one week in December, I'm going to write every day for 30 days. I can't promise anything spectacular, I warn you, but I have to start somewhere, right? What's important is to create a habit first and then pouring over the creativity... more or less?
NaBloPoMo, here I come.
 

La memoria de las flores © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates