miércoles, mayo 17, 2006

Nephew-ness

This is going to be my nephew (or niece).
When I got the news, I felt very happy. But when they sent me this... well, everything turned much more - real (so to speak).
I'm gonna have a nephew, my brother is going to be a dad, my parents are going to be grandparents, and everything is gonna change from now on. A baby changes it all. Besides, we will be getting to that point where your children start having their own kids and it seems impossible to deny that they've grown up.
Ever since I saw this pic I've been thinking about the responsabilities I'm gonna have as an aunt. In my auntieness I'm not gonna be responsible for bringing up the kid, but I'm gonna have so much more things to do. I'm gonna have to teach him all those things your parents never teach you or those that they fear to tell you in case you hold it against them for the rest of their lives. The best thing is that his parents will never be able to avoid all the things I'm going to teach him.
I think that with the things I want to teach him and what his grandparents are going to tell him, my brother and sister-in-law are gonna fight a lot with the kid. There's nothing better that to shape up a critical mind.
I'm very happy for my brother, who's always wanted to have kids. And also because he's going to be a loving and caring father. That kid is going to have the best parents possible. I know he's going to be loved, he's going to be the king of the house and his grandparents won't take their hands off of him.
Congratulations everybody. And good luck with the adventure we're getting into.
 

La memoria de las flores © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates