martes, marzo 23, 2010

30-day Sadhana with Marianne - Day 2

Yesterday evening I started to feel the effects of my morning practice: the occassional tightness here and there and a much more active body and mind. I'm delighted! So today is proven to be more effective as it was my second day. I already feel a little bit more flexible, although I need to work on my breath.

I don't know what is it with breathing, but I don't seem to do it right. It took me a good six months to grasp the gist of the pilates breath and I remember agonizing over it for the first couple of months. I know I shouldn't beat myself over this cause once I let go, it usually comes to me quite naturally like, "Oh! So that's what all the fuss was about!" It's just that my kinesthetic memory is what works better for me, so once I feel it, I never forget. But the thing is that sometimes it's easier said than done and it takes a while.

Either way, I like this way of empowering myself. I feel like I'm giving my body and mind the tools to face whatever comes my way. Maybe some would say, "But it's only yoga!" Oh, but it is so much more. It could be yoga or whatever other practice (healthy practice, preferably, as it's supposed to cleanse your soul as well), but the commitment, the determination, the decision of making it yours, your own time and space in the day... that makes it so much more than "just yoga".

Today's song is Breathe easy, by Sugababes.
 

La memoria de las flores © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates