jueves, marzo 25, 2010

30-day Sadhana with Marianne - Day 5

Today I've changed my sankalpa for the practice. Well, not exactly. I've kept my "balance" sankalpa, but I've added a new one.

I realized yesterday that when I'm tired or my muscles are tight, I tend to hold my breath and I end up not breathing at all. So today I decided I was going to concentrate on my breath and on loosing the muscles with the breathing.

I know, I know, that's what I was supposed to be doing already, but is not that easy. I can't say I did perfectly, but good enough. My body has to adapt to that too. Which is a pretty weird thing to say if you think about it. Everybody breathes, but it's always unconsciously. So having to control when you take air in and when you let it out, directing it to a certain part of your body... is not that easy.

I'll keep this as my sankalpa until I can do it without concentrating or even thinking about it.

Apart from the physical part, this yoga sadhana is doing marvels with my mind. I feel I can already concentrate better, think better, which was a big part of the reason why I joined this 30 days of yoga. I was HOPING it could do that. And it hasn't even been a week.

But don't you think this is some kind of voodoo magic: you start doing yoga and your mind clears right up. No. I think it has a lot more to do with the attitude. With that little voice in your head that tells you, "get up, time to show up on the mat. You can do it. You're strong". And then the satisfaction of looking at yourself and seeing how your body changes, how your mind broadens, how you've grown in only five days. You have the power to be a better you.

Namaste.

Today's song is Coyotes, by Jason Mraz.
 

La memoria de las flores © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates