martes, marzo 30, 2010

30-day Sadhana with Marianne - Day 8

After a whole week (a whole week!) of practicing yoga, I'm finding myself at a familiar and not-desirable spot. I'm drifting.

That means I'm losing my focus, my motivation and I'm finding it difficult to commit to the practice.

I don't know why this happens, but it's not the first time and, unless I do something about it, I foresee it won't be my last. The thing is I hate it. It's not that I don't like the practice, much the contrary. It's more like my body has incorporated the practice as something familiar and has lost interest. I know, that's an awful thing to say.

So today it's taken me all day to finally get down to do the practice. It didn't feel nice. I mean, yoga did, but not the moment I chose to do it or why I chose to do it.

Then, at the end, when I was doing the savasana, I took my time to reflect on it. Why am I doing this 30-day practice? What do I want to take out of it? What do I have to do in order to get to that point? That's where I have to start tomorrow.

Today's song is Don't stop believing, by Journey.
 

La memoria de las flores © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates